Thursday, April 08, 2021 - Saturday, April 17, 2021
Central will be partnering with Quest Movement and the Trauma Healing Institute (THI) to provide a special training in “Healing the Wounds of Generational Trauma: The Black and White Experience” in April 2021. This material explores generational trauma and how it affects our lives today. Participants look at historical factors that have impacted America and trace their own experience against that backdrop. These conversations help unlock traumatic patterns that have been passed down through generations, providing tools to interrupt those patterns and setting a foundation for racial healing between groups.
In addition to your own personal participation and healing in the group, this training will equip you to lead others through a healing group experience. Our goal is to build a Trauma Healing ministry at Central where we can create a safe place for people to:
- Discover what the Bible says about suffering
- Learn about trauma and its effects
- Explore any trauma or loss they carry
- Examine generational trauma passed to them
- Release some of their emotional pain
- Get help in becoming unstuck and reconnecting to life
- Create an environment for racial healing
Upon completing the group and passing certain competency requirements, participants will become certified facilitators through the Trauma Healing Institute. A portion of the cost for this training is being underwritten, the cost to you would be $50 which includes all materials, Register Here!
Scholarships are available, so don’t let finances keep you from participating. Contact Cathy Brown for more information at
Training will take place online through zoom. Times for the training are below. Participants must attend all days in order to become certified.
Zoom Group Dates
- Thursday, April 8 - 6pm-9pm
- Friday, April 9 - 6pm-9pm
- Saturday, April 10 - 9am-5pm
- Thursday, April 15 - 6pm-9pm
- Friday, April 16 - 6pm-9pm
- Saturday, April 17 - 9am-5pm