Dear Central family and friends,
Thursday, Mar 19 at 9:34 AM
As the COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation continues, we want to update you on the decisions we are making to help protect our congregation and community. The health and safety of our congregation is a major priority, and these decisions were made with the latest available information in order to protect our families, volunteers, staff, and the broader community.
We will suspend all regularly scheduled activities at Central through Friday, April 3. This includes all Sunday morning and all mid-week activities. The church office will also be closed. This decision is consistent with the latest guidance from The White House, Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and New Jersey Governor’s office. We recognize that the COVID-19 situation will likely last beyond April 3. We will continue monitoring the situation and make decisions about church activities using the most current expert guidance available to us.
We strongly encourage you to connect meaningfully with God, one another, and the larger Central community online and in other virtual ways. Although we would all prefer meeting together in person, we need to use virtual/online tools to intentionally maintain and build our community during this season. Central will continue streaming Sunday worship services online via our website, YouTube, and Facebook. We have already initiated online opportunities for our children and student ministries. We are currently training Life Group and support group leaders about how to have their groups connect virtually.
We are still serving our community! Central is partnering with four other local churches to help provide after school meals to 274 children in the Trenton area who are no longer able to be served by the Department of Recreation. Central volunteers are using proper precautionary measures to ensure the safety of everyone involved. We also are looking for opportunities to meet the needs of our church body as the virus’ impact increases.
We encourage you to continue worshipping through tithes and offerings. Whether it is through online giving, text giving, or mail-in, we greatly appreciate your tithes and offerings to Central in the midst of this situation.
We encourage you to take precautionary measures to stay healthy. As our community, region, and nation increasingly “hunkers down” as the virus spreads, please take measures to avoid catching and transmitting the virus. The CDC Is a great resource to learn more about ways to protect yourself or what to do if you think you are sick.
As the situation increases in intensity, we are still comforted and assured that we are under the sovereign hand of God, who cares for us and asks us to cast our anxieties on Him!
1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time He may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord He is my refuge and my fortress, My God in whom I trust."
We serve and trust a mighty God!
Central’s Overseeing Elder Board and Staff
Below are some answers to questions you might have.
Q: How do I access Sunday worship services online? Are the technical issues experienced during last Sunday’s 9:30 AM service resolved?
- The home page of Central’s website will link you to our online services. Services will stream live during our regular service times (9:30 AM and 11:00 AM). The stream includes a live chat feature, so you can connect with others, share prayer requests, and experience community online in real time. If you cannot attend the live stream, you can access a video playback of the service via YouTube or Facebook. We are thankful that we can worship together virtually, even if we can’t be together in person.
We continue to learn through this process and appreciate your patience. We believe that the streaming issue experienced last week during the 9:30 AM service has been resolved. We will continue to make improvements as we learn together about this new format. We are deeply grateful to the staff, worship team, and technology team who are making these services possible!
Q. Will the church office be open?
- No, as a precaution to help keep our staff and our members safe, we will be closing the church office as of Thursday, March 19. Just as we encouraged staff, we also advise you to practice social distancing as much as possible, frequently washing hands with soap, using hand sanitizer, and other precautions recommended by the CDC. If you had planned to visit the office to drop off your offering, please consider mailing it directly to Central.
Q: Will I still be able to give to Central?
- Yes, we encourage you to continue to give to Central to support this ministry. There are several options available to continue in your steady stewardship:
- Give online at this link.
- Give via text (609-952-6268)
- Mail your check into the church (2015 Pennington Road, Ewing, NJ 08618)
- We will be installing a ‘Central Dropbox’ on the side of the church should you choose to bring your offering in person. More information on this giving option will be included in our next update.
Q: I am leading or participating in a Life Group. Should we still meet?
- All in-person meetings of Life Groups, support groups (such as Celebrate Recovery, Divorce Care, Like-Minded), children and student programs are now suspended through Friday, April 3. In the meantime, we encourage these groups to meet together online, if possible, to support each other. We are currently training Life Group and support group leaders about how to have their groups connect virtually.